Friday, March 4, 2011

Random Friday morning memory

As I was driving in to work this morning the song "I melt with you" came on the radio.

Remember that one? It always reminds me of the time when I was around 16 years old or so and I went on a trip with one of my friends and her parents to Illinois. I think they were going for some kind of craft show (?) but WE were going for the MALL! There was a mall there with 2 floors of shopping goodness. In Topeka our meager mall only had one level so this was a crazy treat for a couple of teenage power shoppers! We listened to this song about a million times in the car.

I remember buying an awesome pair of silver shoes on the first day. Upon wearing them the second day of shopping they chewed up my ankles so bad I was hobbling around looking for band-aids. But did I change shoes? Nope. Pain is small price to pay for fashion. I also bought a pink watch that had a bubble face with a little airplane that went round and round for the second hand. It kind of looks like the yellow one in this picture. (pic from www.chronophile.com)

I still have it (but I don't think it works anymore)- I'll take a picture when I get home.


I got rid of the cruel shoes long ago. :)

No comments: