Sunday, May 31, 2009

Outside

Today was a beautiful day. I wanted to be outside but my to do list said I needed to work on photographing my stash and adding it to Ravlery. I needed to work on this because I realize I have a LOT of yarn and it's taking over the guest room (see photo) and since I'm going to Sock Summit in August I wanted to be sure I knew what I had.
Hey, at least my stash isn't THIS big.
But I really wanted to go outside. Then I had an idea...I'll take my yarn lovelies outside for a photo shoot! The light in the house is usually pretty crummy at capturing the true colors anyway. Excellent idea. However, the back patio was very overgrown and dirty so I had to get the broom and sweep. And then chop down all the weeds growing in the cracks. And since I had the broom I just kept sweeping the deck and the sidewalk and then chopping down more weeds, etc. Finally I realized that while I was doing a fine job cleaning the back yard I wasn't getting any yarn photographed. So quick as a squirrel, I grabbed some yarn from the massive pile and started snapping.

Look, it does grown on trees!


That's just a few of what seemed like millions of skeins I cataloged. But guess what, I'm not even close to done...and it's 6pm and I probably should get things ready for work tomorrow. Not to mention my light is gone and it's starting to rain. Oh well, there's always next week.

3 comments:

cockeyed said...

awesome pics! Looking forward to seeing you in August!

cupcakefaerie said...

Look at all those lovelies! See you at Sock Summit!

Amy said...

First, I'm totally jealous that you're going to SS09. I think I need to finish more than a single pair, though, before I can justify the cost and time away from my family. Second, I love the photos of your stash! My constant backdrop is the quilt on my bed, because I'm afraid to take my yarn/projects outside (I'm more than a little clumsy).

amy