Sunday, August 7, 2016

Mini Retreat in Ft. Collins

On Saturday, August 6th, I hopped in my car and drove north to Ft. Collins for a day of knitting and fiber goodness at the We Knit Colorado retreat! I wasn't quite sure what to expect since this was their first event and I didn't know the organizer. The venue was Club Tico, a very nice community center building and perfect space for the retreat. The vendors had their lovely fiber and accessories  set up in one area of the large, open room and tables were set up in a circle for the participants. 

Here's a picture of all the fun stuff that was in our goodie bag!
 I knit up the cup cozy really quickly with the fun mini-skein and there was a pattern for the blue yarn


There were prize drawings during the day and at the end I won a lovely Alpaca headband from Pax Knits

I took the Houndstooth Double Knit Cowl with Melanie (Knit Stitch Yarn). There were a lot of stitches to  cast on so that took up the majority of the class time. I'm still pretty slow at it but I think it will be great when I'm done. This pattern will be another great Christmas gift knit to add to my repertoire.



Lunch was included - a tasty sandwich box lunch from Spoons!
Of course I did a little shopping and found these self striping yarns to take home from Colorful Eclectic:
The retreat was from 9-4 so after it was over I had to stop by The Loopy Ewe to pick up their monthly exclusive colorway, Summer Afternoon Escape and their 10 year anniversary kit with the super cool "Knitting is my superpower" drawstring bag! 

It was a lovely Saturday! I'm looking forward to more We Knit Colorado retreats!

No comments: